Thursday, December 31, 2009
I know I need to be home, but I wish I was going back to school with you two.
Please understand that I need the car just as much as you do.
Please let me get the job! I know I'm Dr. Stout's daughter, but that shouldn't affect your decision.
You need to take a nap. Kicking and biting people isn't nice.
I wish we were a lot closer than we are.
I miss you guys being the friends you were back in high school.
I haven't seen you guys yet, and that is NOT okay! That will be changed soon.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
* Embrace this day with an enthusiastic welcome, no matter how it looks. The covenant with God to which you are true enables you to become enlightened by him, and nothing is impossible for you.
* When you are physically sick, tired, or in despair, steer your thoughts away from yourself and direct them, in gratitude and love, toward God.
* In your life there have to be challenges. They will either bring you closer to God and therefore make you stronger, or they can destroy you. But you make the decision of which road you take.
* First and foremost, you are a spirit child of God. If you neglect to feed your spirit, you will reap unhappiness. Don't permit anything to detract you from this awareness.
* You cannot communicate with God unless you have first sacrificed your self-oriented natural man and have brought yourself into the lower levels of meekness, to become acceptable for the Light of Christ.
* Put all frustrations, hurt feelings, and grumblings into the perspective of your eternal hope. Light will flow into your soul.
* Pause to ponder the suffering Christ felt in the Garden of Gethsemane. In the awareness of the depth of gratitude for him, you appreciate every opportunity to show your love for him by diligently serving in his Church.
* God knows that you are not perfect. As you suffer about your imperfections, he will give you comfort and suggestions of where to improve.
* God knows better than you what you need. He always attempts to speak to you. Listen, and follow the uncomfortable suggestions that he makes to us--everything will fall into its place.
* Avoid any fear like your worst enemy, but magnify your fear about the consequences of sin.
* When you cannot love someone, look into that person's eyes long enough to find the hidden rudiments of the child of God in him.
* Never judge anyone. When you accept this, you will be freed. In the case of your own children or subordinates, where you have the responsibility to judge, help them to become their own judges.
* If someone hurts you so much that your feelings seem to choke you, forgive and you will be free again.
* Avoid at all cost any pessimistic, negative, or criticizing thoughts. If you cannot cut them out, they will do you harm. On the road toward salvation, let questions arise but never doubts. If something is wrong, God will give you clarity but never doubts.
* Avoid rush and haste and uncontrolled words. Divine light develops in places of peace and quiet. Be aware of that as you enter places of worship.
* Be not so much concerned about what you do, but do what you do with all your heart, might, and strength. In thoroughness is satisfaction.
* You want to be good and to do good. That is commendable. But the greatest achievement that can be reached in our lives is to be under the complete influence of the Holy Ghost. Then he will teach us what is really good and necessary to do.
* The pain of sacrifice lasts only one moment. It is the fear of the pain of sacrifice that makes you hesitate to do it.
* Be grateful for every opportunity to serve. It helps you more than those you serve.
* And finally, when you are compelled to give up something or when things that are dear to you are withdrawn from you, know that this is your lesson to be learned right now. But know also that, as you are learning this lesson, God wants to give you something better.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
"[T]hen it's lights out by ten thirty! That's when I lay in bed, ear plugs in, trying to ignore the fog horn-esque snoring that eminates from the 6'6" 300 pound black missionary across the room. Oh my gosh. It's amazing I sleep at all, I tell you what! But, don't get me wrong, he's an awesome guy. Love everything about him, minus that."
I laughed hard when I read this. :]
Sunday, November 15, 2009
ugh i hate emotions
so do i
why do they exist?
Because they help us show how we are feeling, and help us learn and grow
why do you have to be so philosophical?
Hahaha I was talking to my sister just now about feelings and things of that nature. She said that she just has a lot going on, which led to the conversation above.
I'm not philosophical, but apparently my sister thinks I am. LoL I love her.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some; it is in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Nelson Mandela
This quote was said in Akeelah and the Bee which was showing on The Disney Channel yesterday. This quote shows that I am not afraid of growing up, of making decisions. The thing I am most afraid of is ME! I don't feel, right now, that I am gorgeous, or brilliant, or fabulous. I don't feel like I deserve anyone to date or marry since I am not the best person. I am still as closed off as I was a year ago, even if I feel that I have changed. Don't get me wrong, I know that I have grown, that I have changed, that things will get better. But, why does life have to be so hard? Why did I do the things that I did? Why did I allow myself to be broken?
I hate you. I hate everything you put me through. I hate you for making me feel like I HAD to do something, when really I didn't. I hate you for saying that you loved me, and for me believing it. I hate you for breaking me, but the thing I hate the most is that I can't hate you at all. I can't bring myself to hate you, or anyone else who has, or will, hurt me. I just wish that things had happened different.
Life, my friends, can be hard. It can be tough, sorrowful, and make you want to scream. But, life is also beautiful. Life can bring joy, happiness, fun, and make you want to scream from the buildings that you love life! Time will tell what happens to me, but I sure hope that I can get better, and that I can find someone who will help me feel good, that I will help him feel good, and that we can lift each other and get closer to God with each other. That's what I need. But, for right now, I will focus on my relationship with my Heavenly Father. That is the one and only relationship I need right now.
Help me get through this, Lord. I know I'm probably making it harder than it needs to be, but with your help, that will change.
Sorry for the random blog. It just needed to come out.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Yesterday, Dallin H. Oaks, an apostle from the LDS church, came to my school and gave a devotional talk. In his talk, he discussed how the freedom of religion is being threatened by the world, and we need to protect it. Another thing he brought up, though, was the Prop 8 problems in CA that resulted when Prop 8 was approved, and members of the community started to gang up on the LDS church, and other churches as well, for supporting it. He said, "We have endured a wave of media-reported charges that the Mormons are trying to 'deny' people or 'strip' people of their 'rights.' " The Mormons have not tried to strip anyone of their rights, we are just trying to protect our rights of religion, as well as protect the basic "core legal definition and practice of marriage in Western culture for thousands of years."
But, anyways, moving on. After this devotional, I was kind of confused, because that was not what I was expecting to hear from an apostle of the Lord. I didn't get why he talked about it, but I figured it must be important if he wanted to talk about it. Then, this morning, I looked on my Facebook, and got an invitation to join a group. I look at the group, and it is titled "Students for R-71: Support giving the rights to gays/lesbians/trans-gendered who deserve them." And it's funny to me because I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to take "rights" away from everyone, but if the nation agrees that marriage is between a man and a woman, there isn't much to be done. Also, do you get marriage-like rights if you are just living with another person? I don't find that fair, but that's just me. Anyways, I don't know what to do about this, but hopefully people will start to see that trying to change the rights of certain things infringes on the rights of others, and we need to find a middle ground. Just my opinion…
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
“Try a little harder to be a little better.” - Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
You know, everyone isn't at the top. Not even those you are CEOs of different companies are at the top. Sure, for worldly things they may be at the top, but that's not the top I am thinking about.
All of us, everyone here on this Earth, can reach for a higher spiritual level, to be close to THAT top.
Try a little harder to be a little better. I heard this quote in my mission prep class. It couldn't have come at a better time in my life. For a while now, I know that I need to get a little better, not only spiritually but emotionally and mentally as well. I, in my short life of 19 years, have gone through a lot... All of which was my choice. In this life, as I believe it, we all have moral agency. We have the CHOICE to either follow God (or whoever you believe to be the source of greatest happiness) or to just do what you want, when you want, with who you want.
The sad part is, when you waver... slip away... do those things that you KNOW are wrong, but don't care... you get lost. You can't see the way, you can't feel happiness. You wander around, not knowing who to talk to... what to do now... You did what you wanted, thinking it would bring you happiness, which it may have done, but for only a little amount of time. And then you are back to where you started, wishing you could find a way to get happiness in your life, but choosing the short path.
Try a little harder to be a little better. You need to see the BIG picture. The choices made at this time in your life will affect everything to comes afterwards. And that's what I have been trying to work on a lot. I need to realize that there is a bigger picture, that there is a greater plan for me. I need to stay on the path to make sure that better part of my life truly does come around.
So, I guess I just wanted to say that I know this is something I can work on. I know what I want now, and it's not the worldly things, or the short term happiness. I want ETERNAL happiness, bliss, and to feel great at all times, not just for a little while.
So, I'm starting now to apply this quote in my life. I WILL try a little harder to be a little better. Sure, it may be hard, but I have friends, family, and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to help me. With their help, there is nothing I can't do.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
There is a song that I listen to whenever I think about my friends. Something that reminds me what most of my friends have done in my life, and what I hope to do in the lives of my friends. It's the song, "For Good", from the musical "Wicked". Although I haven't seen the musical, I have heard and listened to this song many times.
That people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return.
I believe this line. We truly are led to those friends who will help us to grow, and we have to help them grow as well. I believe that God has a plan for every individual person, and within that plan is who are friends will be. I also think that I have met my bestest best friends before we were even born. That gives me hope.
You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart.
Even though, with some friends, we have split or gone our separate ways, they will always be here. Every friend I have will always have a special soft spot in my heart, and I want them to know that. I also think about what I have learned from every friend, and it helps me see who I want to be in the future.
I ask forgiveness for the things I've done you blame me for.
I know I have made mistakes. I know that I have caused hurt and pain and disappointment to come to my friends, whether we were really close or not. And I want to say sorry. I am sorry for whatever I have done, whatever I am doing now, and whatever I will possibly do in the future.
Another song that I have been listening to "Second Chance" by Shinedown.
"Why you always running in place?"
You know, this happens to the best of us. We feel like we are moving, like we are going forward and then something happens... And we are back at where we started. Or, we don't feel like changing because all change is bad... We need to realize that, when we do this, we are just running in place. We aren't advancing, we aren't getting better.
I AM CHANGING THIS TODAY!
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance
Sometimes, goodbye is what we need. We need that chance to say, "I'm done. I am ready to leave. I am ready to be myself, to not have to deal with this." SOMETIMES GOODBYE IS A SECOND CHANCE! I don't remember that sometimes. And I need to.
Today really is a new day, my friends. I can, and will, do all that I want to do, not what you may want or what you may say I should do.
My name is Symone Stout, and I am my own person. Let me be me.