Monday, September 21, 2009

For Good

There is a song that I listen to whenever I think about my friends. Something that reminds me what most of my friends have done in my life, and what I hope to do in the lives of my friends. It's the song, "For Good", from the musical "Wicked". Although I haven't seen the musical, I have heard and listened to this song many times.

That people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return.

I believe this line. We truly are led to those friends who will help us to grow, and we have to help them grow as well. I believe that God has a plan for every individual person, and within that plan is who are friends will be. I also think that I have met my bestest best friends before we were even born. That gives me hope.

You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart.

Even though, with some friends, we have split or gone our separate ways, they will always be here. Every friend I have will always have a special soft spot in my heart, and I want them to know that. I also think about what I have learned from every friend, and it helps me see who I want to be in the future.

I ask forgiveness for the things I've done you blame me for.

I know I have made mistakes. I know that I have caused hurt and pain and disappointment to come to my friends, whether we were really close or not. And I want to say sorry. I am sorry for whatever I have done, whatever I am doing now, and whatever I will possibly do in the future.

Another song that I have been listening to "Second Chance" by Shinedown.

"Why you always running in place?"

You know, this happens to the best of us. We feel like we are moving, like we are going forward and then something happens... And we are back at where we started. Or, we don't feel like changing because all change is bad... We need to realize that, when we do this, we are just running in place. We aren't advancing, we aren't getting better.

I AM CHANGING THIS TODAY!

Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Sometimes, goodbye is what we need. We need that chance to say, "I'm done. I am ready to leave. I am ready to be myself, to not have to deal with this." SOMETIMES GOODBYE IS A SECOND CHANCE! I don't remember that sometimes. And I need to.

Today really is a new day, my friends. I can, and will, do all that I want to do, not what you may want or what you may say I should do.

My name is Symone Stout, and I am my own person. Let me be me.

LOVES <3

No comments: