Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11-01; 9-11-09; Classes

So, 8 years ago today, terrorists attacked America on USA soil. No one could believe it happened, and it was a shock to not only me, a new 6th grader, but also to my mom, my family, everyone here in the United States. Who could do this? Why would they? What was the reasoning?

To all those who lost someone on this day, I am still praying and thinking of you. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that you may have felt this day. I hope it has been getting easier as the time goes on.

To those who did this, I hope you don't repeat this mistake. It was a horrible thing to happen to us.

Now, 8 years later, I am lying on the floor of my apartment room, waiting to hear if my roommates are home. I can't help but be sad on this day, thinking about everyone who was lost in this horrible attack. But, what also makes me sad is that, although we as Americans joined together right after this attack occurred, we are drifting further and further apart as the time goes on. We need to be close again, to allow good things to happen and work to get done more proficiently.

I do love this nation, and I know that if we join together, we can do anything.

I started my last two classes today. They both seem to be really great. English will help me prepare to be the elementary teacher I want to be. Natural Disasters will be even greater. Natural Disasters are fascinating to me, and I can't wait to learn more about it.

Side note: I finished 2nd Nephi today, so I am still on track to finish the Book of Mormon in two weeks. I am kinda excited...

Anyways, loyal readers, I will write more later!!

LOVES <3

No comments: