Friday, October 2, 2009

I want to get better... I WILL get better.

“Try a little harder to be a little better.” - Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

You know, everyone isn't at the top. Not even those you are CEOs of different companies are at the top. Sure, for worldly things they may be at the top, but that's not the top I am thinking about.

All of us, everyone here on this Earth, can reach for a higher spiritual level, to be close to THAT top.

Try a little harder to be a little better. I heard this quote in my mission prep class. It couldn't have come at a better time in my life. For a while now, I know that I need to get a little better, not only spiritually but emotionally and mentally as well. I, in my short life of 19 years, have gone through a lot... All of which was my choice. In this life, as I believe it, we all have moral agency. We have the CHOICE to either follow God (or whoever you believe to be the source of greatest happiness) or to just do what you want, when you want, with who you want.

The sad part is, when you waver... slip away... do those things that you KNOW are wrong, but don't care... you get lost. You can't see the way, you can't feel happiness. You wander around, not knowing who to talk to... what to do now... You did what you wanted, thinking it would bring you happiness, which it may have done, but for only a little amount of time. And then you are back to where you started, wishing you could find a way to get happiness in your life, but choosing the short path.

Try a little harder to be a little better. You need to see the BIG picture. The choices made at this time in your life will affect everything to comes afterwards. And that's what I have been trying to work on a lot. I need to realize that there is a bigger picture, that there is a greater plan for me. I need to stay on the path to make sure that better part of my life truly does come around.

So, I guess I just wanted to say that I know this is something I can work on. I know what I want now, and it's not the worldly things, or the short term happiness. I want ETERNAL happiness, bliss, and to feel great at all times, not just for a little while.

So, I'm starting now to apply this quote in my life. I WILL try a little harder to be a little better. Sure, it may be hard, but I have friends, family, and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to help me. With their help, there is nothing I can't do.

LOVES <3>

No comments: