Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sometimes, going to class is all you need to do.

Mission Prep has to be one of the best classes I have ever ever taken. I always seem to hear the things I need to in that class.

I've been thinking about a lot of different things over the last few days... weeks... months... Future things, past things, things that I wouldn't mind happening, things I never want to happen again. Feelings, friends, family, problems... so many things. Sometimes, I feel like I am SO in the past or future that I can't seem to appreciate the NOW, the present.

"Everything that takes away from the present takes part of your life away. Don't worry about the past or future, just live for the NOW!"

That was said by my teacher, Brother Clark, in Mission Prep today. I couldn't think of a better time to hear it. Sometimes I let the past experiences of my life affect me. Other times, I stress about the future to the point where I get too scared to grow up, get to the point where I don't even want my future to come because I am too afraid to see what happens to me. But, when I get into these stages, I detract from the now. I don't focus on the wonderful life that I am blessed with having now.

Honestly, I am blessed to be at the school I am attending. I am blessed to have the friends and roommates that I have here and back home. My family is the greatest, and I love them with all that I am. I know that everyone I have ever met has been put into my life for a reason, and I am grateful for that I know that Heavenly Father is there, and that He helps me when I really need it. Today, He helped me see that I really don't need to worry. Live in the now, remember Him, and He will help me be the happiest I will ever be.

If I can be happy, then so can you, Loyal Readers. Don't let the past or future scare you or make you feel inferior. YOU can have a happy life. YOU can find someone you need to be with. YOU can, and will, have a wonderfully magnificent life. Believe in yourself.

LOVES <3

No comments: