Friday, December 5, 2008

My First Semester at BYU-I

Well, the semester is slowly drawing to a close. :( Next Thursday will be my last day (I believe...) and lots of things have happened.

I had all online classes, which, unless you are good at teaching yourself, don't do that. Ever! I started the semester out with 4 classes, Intro to Humanities, Intro to Philosophy, Book of Mormon, and Astronomy. The Astronomy one got really hard, and I didn't think that I could handle it, but I was too afraid to tell my mom. I figured that she would get mad. Well, one day it was just too much for me, so I called my mommy, told her how I felt, and she let me drop it!! The stress level went down so fast, it was amazing. So, now I am finishing off the semester with 3 classes. I don't know how I am doing in my classes, to be honest, but I hope that it is ok.

I met my long lost twin, Chelsie, and I am so glad I did. She is such a blessing in my life, and hopefully she will always be there for me, like I am planning on being there for her.

I started off the semester hanging out with Mark and Jaron. They took me to the dunes, to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. They were there as I started to improve my swimming skills, Mark would take us on burger runs when we were missing the fast food. As the semester went on, we kinda drifted apart. Not that we aren't friends, but that we don't hang out as much as we used to. One week, we were with each other every single day, the next week we didn't do a thing together. It was really strange to me, and not gonna lie, it worried me BECAUSE I was in all online classes and I couldn't really make friends like everyone else can. I was stuck in my dorm trying to teach myself everything. Now, I hang out with Mike and Brian. They are legit, my brothers out here. Ever since near the end of October, we have been hanging out non-stop. I love those two, they are so cool. They took me and Chels back up to Jackson Hole, they took me up to Idaho Falls, we have played Car Tag, hide-and-seek in Wal-Mart, Halloween party... So many memories from all 4 boys that will not soon be forgotten.

My roommates have been amazing!! Stephanie, Bethany, and Anne were such great roommates. We had our ups and downs, that's for sure, but we never got to the point where one of us had to leave because they were so miserable. We rarely fought, we were always talking, and that showed when we were together.

The girls in Room 108 have been a great group to hang out with. Paisli, Erin, and Kendra were my friends when this whole semester started, and they are still my friends now. Summer, who is from 112, is also a part of this whole thing.

My Home Teachers have also been great. Zach and Grant came and visited us every month, and they never failed to make me laugh. They were great guys, preparing for their missions, and I know that they will be great missionaries. Actually, every guy that I have met who isn't 19 quite yet has had such a spirit about them, and I know that when they are on their missions, they will be amazing.

There have been times when I have just wanted to go home, and other times I just wanted to stay here. All in all, this has been a great semester, and I am extremely sad to see it end. Hopefully the semesters to come will be just as wonderful as this one.

No comments: