Saturday, January 30, 2010

R.I.P. McStreamy

For those of you who don't know, McStreamy (a combination of McDreamy and McSteamy, from Grey's Anatomy) was the name I gave my beautiful silver 2002 Chevy Cavalier. Oh that car was the best car ever. I had him since I was 16, and he was always there to help me through the toughest of times.

This year, Malcolm got his license, and took control of the car. MY car. The car my parents bought from my aunt for MY use. At first I wasn't happy, but I figured that he should be able to drive. I mean, I understood his enthusiasm to drive, since he just got his license. So, eventually, I got over it and just let him drive McStreamy.

On Thursday, the brakes in my beautiful car stopped working while my brother was driving him. Malcolm was turning into the church, and had to drive up over the curb. He went over a fire hydrant and hit a tree. Both of the airbags went off, and my brother was rattled like there was no tomorrow. While my brother didn't get hurt at all, thank the Lord, my car was totaled. The front of the car was all bashed in from the tree, and everything under the car got destroyed from the fire hydrant.

Today, I miss McStreamy. I didn't get to drive him that much while I was home this time around, and now I never will again.

I am glad Malcolm is okay, but I miss my car.

R.I.P. McStreamy. I hope you are having fun in car heaven.

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

he's with my precious hamilton, playing car tag