Monday, February 14, 2011

Sacrifice

Once, there was a little girl who went shopping with her mom.  While shopping, she saw a $0.25 pearl necklace, and she feel in love with it.  The little girl asked her mom if she could get it, and her mom bought it.

Every day, the little girl wore the necklace and told everyone around that it was her favorite necklace in the whole world.

One day, her dad came in to say good night.  He bent down by the bed, looked his little girl in the eyes and said, "Honey, will you give me your necklace?"  The little girl looked into his eyes, and said, "Oh, no daddy.  I can't give my necklace to you, it is my favorite necklace in the whole world!  I don't want to give it to you."  So her dad said, "Okay.  Good night, honey."  He kissed her on the forehead, and then left the room.

The next night, the little girl's father came to say good night again.  He bent down, looked into her eyes, and said, "Honey, will you give me your necklace?"  The little girl looked up at him, and said, "Oh no, daddy, I can't do that!  It's my favorite necklace, I don't want to give it to you."  So her father said, "Okay.  Good night, honey."  He kissed her on the forehead, and then left the room.

The next night, the little girl's father came into the room again.  He saw his little girl sitting at the edge of her bed, with tears streaming down her face.  "Honey, what's wrong?" he asked her.  "You can have it, daddy.  You can have my favorite necklace.  I want you to have it," she said.  He took the little, $0.25 pearl necklace, and handed her a box with a real pearl necklace inside.

Sometimes, you have to sacrifice something GOOD in order to make room for something even BETTER.

No comments: