Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BYU-I do

For those of you who have been reading my blog since it started, you know that I go to school at Brigham Young University-Idaho.  It is one of the best places in the world to me, but there are some things that I truly can't stand about this place.

The number one thing?  How people get married quickly here at this school.  That's how we got the nickname BYU-I do.

Now, don't get me wrong.  There are many different relationships that occur at this school, but the vast majority of people here meet, date, and get engaged (or talk about marriage) by month three.  MONTH THREE!!  I just don't understand how you can do that.

I am not that kind of girl.

I have made the conscious decision to not begin talking about marriage until month eight at the EARLIEST.  The reason why is because I came to this school to get an education.  That is my first priority.  I am not here to find my husband, which is probably why I haven't had much luck in the dating department... :] BUT the point is that I am NOT here to find my husband, or to date at all times.  My number one priority is to get a better education, get a degree, and increase my knowledge of both secular and spiritual things.  

I am hoping to beat the odds here at school.  I wouldn't mind going through my entire college career before finding "The One."  I actually would like to graduate with a degree before getting married, but that is just me.

I am not saying that those who get married after three months are dumb or idiotic, because they aren't.  Everyone's relationship is different, and I am sure that those people who got married after a little bit of time were ready for it.  But, I am not one of those girls, and I dislike the reputation brought about by all the people who get married so quickly.  

But that is just my opinion. :]

No comments: