Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DearElder.com keeps every letter written...

Here are some of my favorite things that I have written.

"Alright, remember to always trust in the Lord, and go to him when you have trouble. Pray and fast when you are needing to make decisions. The Lord has many great and wonderful things planned for you. Just remember that. This will hopefully be one of the best times of you life.  You are going to be a wonderful missionary. You are already a spiritual giant, I can't wait to see the change in that when you get back. Which I am planning on coming to your homecoming, btw. Keep the faith, and hold to the Iron Rod. It will get difficult at times, but you can't allow that from stopping the work that you are doing. Try to like the people you serve with, they will be the only ones you can really talk to. Read your scriptures, and try to get something new out of them every time. Don't forget to write letters when you can. We don't want to be forgotten. "


"I hope that you are doing okay. You just have to remember that the Lord wanted you to serve at this time, even if you feel you aren't ready, or if you feel scared. He wants YOU to serve the people, and He wants YOU to spread His gospel. You can do this. I believe it, and I hope you do too.  Also, it's okay to be scared. I'd think you were crazy if you WEREN'T scared. But honestly, things will get easier as time goes on. Don't give up!   One last thing. You and your family will be blessed for what you are doing. Things will work out for you and them. Just trust the Lord, He does know what He is doing :).  ANYWAYS I better let you get back to doing all those important things to prepare for your mission! Be safe, stay strong, trust the Lord, read the scriptures, pray, and always know that things will be okay."


"Stay strong, be safe, and remember to put your trust in the Lord's hands. He will direct you to where you need to go, and will help you get through anything. 'If God brought you to it, God will bring you through it.'"


Now, all of these things are what I need to think of and remember at this point in time.  I am glad to have found these, so I can remember what can help me get through this tough time.

No comments: