Friday, November 26, 2010

Through The Eyes of a Friend

For one of my classes my senior year in high school, we were asked to write a paper about ourselves from the eyes of another person.  I chose my best friend, and these are the things that I wrote.

Symone Stout is my best friend.  I have known her for many years, so if anyone knows anything about her, it is me.  Most of the time, she is a happy-go-lucky girl, but then there are times when she isn’t so happy.  A majority of the time, Symone is full of joy.  She always seems to have a smile on her face, and can brighten up my day when I need it most.  She is a caring person who likes to have fun.  She is one of the most amazing people I know, a one-of-a-kind girl.  She is very outgoing, and is herself around anyone.  Even if she is acting a bit crazy, it doesn’t matter.  She is comfortable with who she is, and isn’t afraid to show it.  She is very easy to get along with.  She has a huge heart, and cares about everyone.  She is determined in almost everything she does, she is persistent with whatever is placed in front of her, and she is smart.  She is a very upbeat person, and she tries to find the positive in any situation.  She is enthusiastic about life, and loves to do lots of things.  Whatever will help her be happy, she does.  Symone is also very respectful towards those that respect her as well.  She acts mature at times, and immature at other times.  It depends on the situation.   Then there are the times when she gets stressed.  When Symone gets stressed, you better watch out.  She gets really crabby.  She starts to get mad at little things.    When she gets into arguments, it always seems like it needs to be her way and nothing else.  After she is done being stressed, she realizes that how mad she was getting and what she argued about were things that she didn’t really need to act that extreme over, and then she goes on an “apology run”, where she apologizes to everyone she did wrong to.  She is stubborn in everything, whether it be her opinion, her beliefs, everything.  Nothing can pull her away from what she believes is right.  She, along with everything else about her, has some weaknesses.  One of the big weaknesses that she has is that she tries to please everyone.  When she makes someone upset, it throws her whole day off.  When she does something that makes another person angry at her or really sad at her decision, she starts to stress out and she, in turn, gets upset.  She knows that she can’t always please every single person in whatever group she is in, but she still tries, no matter how many times she fails.  Symone is really big on family.  She loves every member of her family, whether they treat her wrong or not.  She tries to show love and compassion at all times.  Of course, they are all brothers and sisters, so I don’t think that they get along at all times, but she tries to make things okay every day.  She is the oldest, so she has a lot of responsibility.  Instead of looking at it in a bad way, she looks at is as a positive experience, helping her get prepared for when she is out on her own.

I don't know how much of this is true anymore...  Probably a good chunk, probably not so much.  But I think I am going to do this again sometime soon, just to see how I would view myself if I was looking at me from another person's eyes.

No comments: