Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Love You, Mom. Happy Mother's Day

I love my mom because...

- She gave birth to me.
Yeah, cliche I know, but it's true. If she didn't do that, would I even be here? No, so gotta thank her for that.

- She showed love and compassion no matter what.
Even when I did something that made her soooo mad, she still loved me and cared for me. That has never gone away.

- She let me choose.
Ok, so I have made some stupid decisions in my life, who hasn't? But my mom never said "Oh, sweetie, you really shouldn't do that." No, she let me make my decisions, let me make mistakes which helped me to learn and grow.

- She taught me what it takes to be a great mother.
My mom is human, and humans aren't perfect. But she is darn close. She always loves her kids, no matter what. She tries her hardest to control anger and frustration, and she never lets things get out of hand. Through her example, I know how I want to be when I grow up.

- She showed me it's ok to mess up.
It's ok to be human, it's ok to show that you aren't feeling well or things are crumbling at the edge. She showed me that no matter what happens, those who truly love you will stand by you and never leave.

- She showed me a good time.
My mom would take us out of school early to go to lunch or see a movie. She'd take us to midnight showings, bowling, just fun things. Sure, we would possibly have a fight, but it isn't a Stout outing without a fight. But it was always a memory, and it was always fun.

- She is my best friend.
She is always there, and always willing to talk. She voices her opinion, but doesn't impose it on me. She calmly sits through it, and lets me choose.

Mom, I love you. Thank you for being the best mom anyone could ever ask for.

No comments: