Monday, October 10, 2011

My view on families.

Today was a pretty rough day.  I don't know why, but today I felt off.  I felt super lonely, and that I couldn't really talk to anyone, which sucked.

Over the last few days, I have been having some impressions and feelings come into my life that have made me gain a better understanding of where my life will be taking me.  I am really so excited to see the direction my life will be taking me, and to see the joy and happiness that will come from following these promptings.

While at Church on Sunday, and in my religion class here at school, I can't help but notice that we have been talking about families, and how Satan is working extra hard to break up families.

For most people on Earth, families are a source of happiness and love.  Family leads you, guides you, allows you to feel loved and appreciated, and helps you when times get tough.  Your family is the one group of people that will always be there for you, no matter what.  At least, that is the case for me.

I have been thinking a lot about my future family over the last few days.  Who will be a part of it, when I will be blessed to be a mom, how I will raise my children, etc.  No, I am NOT saying that I will be starting a family anytime soon, but it has been something that has been on my mind.  Since I have started thinking about it, I have realized that I am having roadblocks placed in my path that would, in my teenage years, prevent me from pushing forward.  These feelings of loneliness, insecurity, and failure; all of these would have made me not want to progress, not want to keep moving forward.

But, I am different now.  Yes, I do feel this way at times, but that isn't going to prevent me from pushing forward.  I have a greater knowledge, and that includes knowing that even when I am feeling alone, I am not really alone.  I have an earthly family and friends who love and support me.  But, above all, I have a Heavenly Father who is there for me, no matter what.  Even when I have made the worst mistakes, or not been the best I can be, He is always there to offer a hand and pick me back up.  He is there to show me the way back.  Because I know that He is there, I know that I don't need to worry.

My Heavenly Father has made promises to me, to us, His children.  As we stay valiant to His commandments, and do as He asks, He will give us those promised blessings.  While I see those roadblocks in my path, I can still know that, eventually, they will pass.  I will keep pushing forward, and I will not allow ANYTHING to take away my goal of a temple marriage and an eternal family.  Even during my "rebellious" teen years, a temple marriage was always my goal, and it is more so now.  I want an eternal family, and I will do anything to get it.

Satan is trying his hardest to tear me down, and not reach my goal.  I can feel it.  What he doesn't know is that my secret weapon will never falter.  What is my secret weapon, you ask?  It is my testimony on the family.  I know that having a family is part of God's plan for His children while living in this earthly state.  I know that families can be together forever, and that God has included families in His Plan of Happiness because He knows the joy that can come from having a family.  I have a wonderful family as it is, and I know that my future family will bring me continual joy.  I just need to keep my head held high, and remember that what God has promised will come as long as I stay positive and work towards following the commandments.

Sorry if this is a really random post, it is just something that has been on my mind for the last few days and I needed to get it out.

No comments: