Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's Father's Day.


I have the best daddy in the world.  I know, I know.  EVERYONE says that.  But, I really do mean it.

His love for me has never gone missing.  Even when I wasn't doing the right things, or when I was struggling with making the right decisions, he still loved me and cared for me.  He still showed that love.  He had patience with me.  And, when I needed it most, he gave me precious advice.

Every year for Girl's Camp, my dad would write me letters.  One letter for every day that I would be away.  In the letters, he wrote spiritual things, scriptures that he felt I should study that day, and he would bear his testimony.  This last year, when I went through my life changing experience, he wrote me letters that had basically the same idea.  I keep every letter received, and I treasure the fact that my father took the time to do that for me.

My dad is a holder of the priesthood.  I so greatly appreciate the fact that he is a worthy holder of this great power, because I know that he is able to give me father's blessings whenever I ask.  The priesthood is a wonderful blessing to me, and I am glad that I was able to see how my dad treats that power.

My father is the example I look to now when focusing on finding MY future eternal companion.  He is a great leader, a wonderful man who helps when asked, and he loves all.  He is a spiritual person, always worthy of the priesthood, and he always tells me the corniest jokes, which I love.

I love my daddy.  I love that I will be able to call him my father from now into eternity.  He will always be my daddy, and I love love love him.

Happy Father's Day, daddy.  Thanks for being the best daddy ever. <3

No comments: