Saturday, December 25, 2010

Oh, Christmas

Christmas is one of my all-time favorite holidays.  Not only is it a chance to remember the Savior on a more general basis, but it is also a time for family.  My family traditions are great to me.  I hope to continue some of them with my future family.

My traditions go like this...

A few days before Christmas Eve, we pick names of the family to do Secret Santa to.  Then, we go to Wal-Mart and buy the gifts, with a $10 limit.

Later that night, we go caroling to family friends with a plate of cookies and other goodies.

Then, we come home and put on our new pj's, then give our Secret Santa gifts to whoever we had.  Then, we read the story of Christ's birth from the scriptures, then watch The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The next day, the kids all wake up WAY before our parents, and look through our stockings.  Then, when my parents wake up, we pass one gift to every member of the family, and open them together.  And it goes like that until all the presents under the tree have been opened.

Then, we go to DENNY'S in our pajamas, messy hair, stinky breath, no make-up, deodorant, anything.  It's one of my favorite traditions.  After Denny's, we come home and play with all our new things.  Then, we either have dinner here at home or with my grandparents. 

It really is a great holiday for my family,and I love that it is always the same every year.  Exactly the way I like it. :)

No comments: