Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My name is Symone, and I worry.

Have you seen the movie "Taken"?  If not, you should watch it.  I absolutely love that movie.

In the movie, there's a line that goes, "You don't have to worry."  "That's like telling water not to be wet, sweetie."

I worry.  I am in a constant state of worry, and I can't help it.  It's been that way for a while.  I just worry that little things I do will cause someone to not want to talk to me anymore, or because I am not being told something that changes are occurring without me knowing, and it worries me.

I have had far too many experiences where people have said one thing, but done another and later told me that everything they said was a lie.  I have also had those people who had problems with me or had things they wanted to tell me, but they never did.  So, as their minds were changing, or things were changing in regards to our relationship, they were keeping me in the dark and not allowing me to know until the day they said, "I am done" and left me behind, wondering what the heck just happened.

That is why I am worrying.  I don't want things to be changing on your end and me not know about it.  I need you to tell me and PROVE to me that things are the same.  That, even though things have been off for the last little bit of time, that things haven't changed and won't change.  I need the reassurance.  I am not saying that you need to tell me at all times of the day, or even every single day.  But, every once in a while, I like to be reminded.  And I need you to let me know that I am not crazy, and that yes, I do have a right to worry, but that I don't need to anymore.

Can you do that?

No comments: