Friday, November 7, 2008

Prop. 8 Talk

I am calm... I just need to say this.

Ok, so I know that some people are really mad at the Church for putting that much money into helping the pass Prop 8. But, while those who are gay in Cali wanted it to fail because of what they believe in, we wanted it to pass because of what WE believe in. We believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. To be completely honest, I have gay friends. I don't hate gay people, I didn't want this prop to pass because "i hate gays." I think that gays have the right to be with whoever they want, it is their choice. But marriage, I believe, is between a man and a woman. That is what I believe, that is what my church believes, and we are just trying to protect what we believe. This prop has passed, and people want to try to make it fail again. Please, you don't understand what will happen if it does fail. We want to protect our rights just as much as everyone else, that is why we have taken the measures that we have. I don't get how people think we are trying to take away their rights, we aren't. Please, we don't want to cause fights or start things that will cause conflict between the people of this Great country. Please, we are just trying to protect what we believe...

Watch this. It talks about our side on Prop. 8.

http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/church-readies-members-on-proposition-8#current

No comments: