Sunday, June 29, 2014

Well, would you look at that?

Howdy, folks!

It has been well over a year since I last put my fingers to keys and wrote a blog entry here. And can I just say, a LOT has happened over that time. I have a new baby girl who is the world to me! Before she came, I didn't know that this kind of happiness existed! She has brought so much joy and light into my life at a time when I desperately needed it.

Lately, I have been feeling rather crummy. I am about to embark on a new adventure with my wonderful husband, but I still have to wait a little over a month before that adventure can officially begin. As I sit here waiting for it to start, I have begun to think about all the things I will be missing. Our adventure is moving to somewhere different. My husband got offered a wonderful job opportunity in Provo, Utah, and we took it! As excited as we are, I know that I will miss all my friends and memories here in Rexburg. I mean, this small town has been my home for the last 6-ish years, and I can't believe that it is coming to an end so soon! On the other hand, my dear hubster and I are SO ready for change. We are excited for the opportunity to live somewhere slightly bigger (okay, WAY bigger) than Rexburg. We are excited to be close to members of both our families, and we are excited to start living how WE want to live, instead of him having to spend all his time working on school and making sure not to screw things up. It will be a welcome change to not have to worry about school, I can tell you that.

Things are a-changing, my friends. But for the better, I know it.

Anyways, I graduated April of 2013, and had my daughter in October. I have been able to be a stay-at-home mom since that time, which is something I have ALWAYS wanted to be! When I graduated, I left with a degree in Elementary Education. Every day, I do miss being in the classroom, surrounded by eager minds just waiting to be filled with what I have to teach them. I also miss the sassiness that came with working with young children (they tell it like it is, and I LOVED that). But, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to be home and watch my daughter grow and develop. Over the last 8 months, I have watched as she discovers more of her world, and it is a joy to see! She is showing me how exciting and wonderful and interesting life really is, and I seem to have lost that joy along the way. I am glad having a young child helps to bring that perspective back.

Also, this next month is going to be MONDO busy! July is full of missionaries departing, weddings, graduation, and moving! If you could spare some prayers and good thoughts, that would be wonderful! And I decided to start running/working out on a more general basis. I feel like, if I do some movement and get my body slightly back in shape, I will start to feel better. I will be doing the Couch to 5K, while also doing a 30 day yoga challenge. If you want to join me, or just want more information, don't hesitate to ask! I am more than willing to do this with others!

Well, I just wanted to get you guys caught up slightly. I feel like I need to get blogging back into my life. I need an outlet where I can share my thoughts and feelings, and I feel this can be it. Hope you don't mind my being back! I will be better at this. I promise!

Love ya!

Symone

1 comment:

The Lees said...

Since you and Melissa are both doing the couch to 5k program, we should all three of us to do a 5k together in September or October!