Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sandy Hook Elementary School

You know, I have been trying to find the way to adequately express the feelings that I have felt about this tragedy... and I don't know what to say.

Shock.  Disbelief.  Tears.  Sobs.  Love.  Sadness.  Fear.  Hope. Strength.

If I am half the teacher as those in that school, I will feel successful.

This shouldn't have happened.  It shouldn't have...  But it did.

We can't dwell too much on it.  There is a time to mourn, and it is now that time.  Everyone should mourn what has occurred, because most of those who died were babies.  Young, innocent, precious children who didn't deserve this.  But I know that they are in a much safer, happier place.  And that gives me comfort.

I pray for all those who have been affected by this tragedy, whether personally or otherwise.  America, it's time to become one.  It's time to find out why these events keep occurring, and what we can do to stop it.  It's time for people to not be scared to go to the movies, the mall, a restaurant, or school.

What can we do about it?

To those 27 souls who passed away on Friday, and to the families and friends of them, I hope that you are able to feel comfort and peace.  I hope you know that the Lord's arms are surrounding you with His love, and that He is mindful of you.  Me, and the rest of this nation, are praying for you.  We hope that you can find peace, comfort, strength, and light during this dark and terrible time.  Evil was there on Friday, but Good will reign supreme.

No comments: