Wednesday, August 3, 2011

There is no reason for me to be awake right now.

Dad and the boys are asleep, mom and the girls are all at Girl's Camp.  Boyfriend is out midnight fishing (seriously, though.  Who does that? ;]).  So, really, I could be sleeping.  But, I have something to say.

TODAY was the day when I appreciated all that my mom does.  My mom is a stay-at-home mom.  And it's really difficult to see the kinds of things she does until she is gone, and asks you to take over mommy duty.  I have had to do this a couple times over the last few years, and trust me.  It doesn't get any easier.  But what I can say is that I have an increased amount of love for my mom and the things that she does.  I had one hour where all I wanted to do was take a nap, and Ian and Patrick wouldn't let me.  They kept throwing things at me, asking me questions, wouldn't watch TV.  Frustrating.  The one break I got today was a trip to Walmart by myself.  No wonder my mom likes to take her time when she is there without the boys.  It allllll makesssss senseeeee!

Anyways, basically I love my mother.  And while I am exhausted, I can't wait for the time when I will be a mother to wonderful, crazy, loud, obnoxious children.  With a mom like me, they are bound to be that way. :]

No comments: