Friday, March 11, 2011

Remember Who You Are

Within the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I think that we, as humans, tend to forget to really stop and think about who we are, who we always have been, and who we can become.

My name is Symone Misao Stout.  I was born in Utah on August 8, 1990 to Julie Pena Stout and Sean Stuart Stout.  I am the oldest of six children.  I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints since I was born.  I have lived in Utah, Indiana, and Washington.  I am going to school in Idaho.  I have met some of the most incredible people here at school.  And I am a Daughter of God.

With everything that goes on in my life, it is sometimes difficult to remember that I have a Heavenly Father.  That He wants to help me with all the things I need to get through.  And since I am a Daughter of God, I have a divine nature and individual worth.  But what do these statements REALLY mean?

Divine:
·         of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being
·         proceeding from God  or a god
·         godlike; characteristic of or befitting a deity
·         heavenly; celestial
·         Informal . extremely good; unusually lovely
·         being a god;
·         of superhuman or surpassing excellence

Nature:
·         the elements of the natural  world
·         the particular combination of qualities belonging to a person, animal, thing, or class by birth, origin, or constitution; native or inherent character
·         the instincts or inherent tendencies directing conduct

Individual:
·         a single human being
·         a distinct, indivisible entity; a single thing, being, instance, or item.

Worth:
·         good or important enough to justify
·         excellence of character or quality as commanding esteem
·         usefulness or importance, as to the world, to a person, or for a purpose

Basically, we are of worth to our Heavenly Father.  Every single one of us means something to Him, and that will never change.  We all have a bit of Diety within us, and we can become Gods and Goddesses if we just work on it.    

"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses... There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal... it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub and exploit." -C.S. Lewis

We are all immortal.  We all lived before being born here on this Earth, and we will live again after we die.  Why is that so hard to remember while here on Earth?  Why is it something that we don’t think about as often as we should.

YOU are a Child of God.  I am a Child of God.  We can become Gods and Goddesses.  We can live with Heavenly Father.  We can live with our families for ETERNITY!  We just need to remember that, and in so doing, work hard on keeping the commandments and staying worthy to get the blessings the Lord wishes to bestow upon us.

You are a Child of God.  You have a divine nature and individual worth.  You are loved and cherished by a Heavenly Father who will always be around to help you through every experience you will face.  He constantly wants to help you, and He will always love you with His entire heart, whether you feel like He does or not.  Keeping this in mind will constantly bring happiness and joy at all times.

You are a Child of God.  And I love you, no matter what.  There are always people who will love you for you.  Don’t lose sight of that.  Ever.

No comments: