Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Those darn Cascade Regional Vampires!!

So I donated blood today. To be completely honest, I was kinda freaked out on my way there. You see, I have a fear of both needles and blood. So I honest to goodness had no idea why I had accepted to help the Cascade Regional Blood Center and donate my precious blood.

But then I thought about it, and by just donating one pint of my blood, I could save 3 lives. 3 LIVES!! Then, my fears kinda went away. The pricking of the finger to test your iron and see if you have enough red blood cells is WAAAAAY worse than getting a needle stuck in your arm. I didn't believe it, but it's true.

Side note: I haven't donated blood since 2007, and I feel awfully guilty about that.

So, go donate blood wherever you live, if you are able to. You never know who might need it.

LOVES <3

No comments: