Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Semester Book of Mormon Project Proposal

There are many things that I would like to change in my life, some of them big, and some not so big. But the one thing that I can think of changing now is having a better relationship with my Heavenly Father. I know I am a Daughter of God, and I know that He is my Heavenly Father, but, at the moment, I don’t have an open line of communication with Him. I know that I could pray more, and have a stronger relationship with Him if I worked on it. Also, with praying, I can have the Holy Ghost with me more, and feel the presence of him, and know that he will be with me to help me know what is right, what is wrong, and what I should choose to do. I feel I need to make this change now because it is something that I have struggled with, and I feel somewhat disconnected from Him. I also know that if I don’t make the change now, then I will not have a strong relationship with Heavenly Father now or in the future, and I really want to have a better relationship with him. I also think that, without the open line of communication with God, I am shortchanging the wonderful blessings that I can have, and that I am not allowing myself to know the direction that He wants me to travel, and I am allowing my own will to go before His. I believe that, if I faithfully do this, and make this change, I will be able to know what to do in my life, and the right choices to make, and I will be able to feel His love for me, and be able to go to Him for anything that I need help on. If I work on praying now, and getting that relationship with Him, then I will better understand His plan for me, and know the many things that I need to know in order the allow His will to flow from me, and with the strengthened relationship comes a stronger testimony and more faith in not only Heavenly Father, but Jesus Christ as well. I know that if I work on praying more fervently and more with the intent of talking to Him and getting answers from Him, then I will be blessed with being able to hear what His will is for me, and that I will be able to know that He is here for me, and to help me through each and everything that I go through. I just want to say that through the atonement of Christ, we are all able to repent for the mistakes that have been made, and make changes, and because of this, I know that I will be able to make this change, and others that will come later in life. “… I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also…” (1 Cor. 14:15).

No comments: