Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One year ago today...

was the day that I found out life would never be the same.  It is amazing to me, though, at how much I have grown and developed in the last year.  Instead of allowing life and trials to bring me down, I was actually raised up.  I feel so much better about the life I am living, and I know that without my life going through that change one year ago, it never would have happened.

I am so grateful and humbled for the Lord's help over this last year.  Never did I expect to be helped and lifted up so much, but He did.  I am amazed by that.

I am grateful for the family and friends who didn't leave my side.  You truly don't know how much I needed your support, and I am SO thankful that you were there for me.

While it's weird to think back to how things were a year ago, I am glad that things are different now.  I am a different girl, one who has grown and knows EXACTLY what she wants.  And she won't allow anything to get in the way of that.

One year ago today, my life took a turn that I never expected.  But, overall, I am glad.  Maybe one day you will be able to know what happened, but for now... Just know it was a change for the better.

No comments: